Dec 26, 2010
held at Taj coromandal, Chennai
1.) Jesse James Garrett coined this term in 2005?
2.) What would you call a list of contacts that the user deems are acceptable to receive e-mails from and should not be sent to the trash folder.?
A: e-mail Whitelist
3.) It was co-founded in mid 2004 by entreprenurs Greg Tseng and Johann Schleier-Smith, who wanted to build a “Teen Yahoo or next MTV”. What's it?
4.) This logo was designed with Droid Font Family created by Ascender Corp. The typeface is Norad.The RGB color value in hexadecomal is A4C639.?
5.) He is the architect of “High Performance Computing and Communication Act of 1991”?
6.) Nokia got Erik Spiekermann to design the font for their current logo. What is the font called?
A: Nokia Sans
Dec 24, 2010
1.) This large organisation, accumulator and distributor of videos. They have theories that the
world will be dominated by short videos. It has brought over by 5 minutes Media (Five
2.) This is a downloadable image recognition application trademarked by google?
A: Google Goggles
3.) It was orginally called “project Natal”...?
A: Microsoft Kanect – The Xbox motion gaming console
4.) iPad, iPhone don't support flash. But still they support youtube videos in these devices.
What technology is behind this?
A: H.264 codec
5.) Fujifilm has brought a new cmera. What is special about it?
A: It's the world's first 3D Camera
6.) Minefiled, Tumucumaque are the code names of?
A: Mozilla Firefox
7.) Which country has created Epic browser?
8.) “ They Just Wanted to Meet Some Girls”. What is it's relevance
A: It's about making og the film “ The Social Network” based on Facebook
For more question (includes visual) download the document below
as PDF(with visuals)
Dec 21, 2010
Dec 19, 2010
Dec 17, 2010
Dec 11, 2010
Dec 6, 2010
1.) X is a social cataloging website for books. Josh Hug serves as it's CEO & he is also it's co-founder. What is X?
2.) From the relation identify the web site?
Ans: Facebook(The photo given left is of David Fincher,the director of The Social Network(The movie based on the founding of Facebook) and the photo given on right is of the book "The Accidental Billionaires"(The book based on the founding of Facebook ) and the movie "The Social Network" is based on this book.
Nov 27, 2010
Nov 25, 2010
Nov 20, 2010
1.) Identify the multi-national company from Korea? Came on India in 1995.
2.) http://akebono.stanford.edu/X was it's first URL, where X is the company name itself. What is X?
3.) This is the old logo of?
4.) The company got its name the mathematical figure which denotes the number 'one followed by a hundred
5.) Identify the mascot? And whose it is?
Nov 19, 2010
Nov 18, 2010
Nov 17, 2010
Nov 16, 2010
Nov 14, 2010
What is the process called?
2.) What do the google doodle indicate?
3.) Identify the port?
4.) This is a process associated with submarine navigation . How do you know it in IT world
5.) Identify the logo?
Nov 13, 2010
1.) Google expects this feature from Google to save users 2 to 5 seconds in every search, which they say will be collectively 11 million seconds per hour. What is this feature?
A: Google Instant
2.) "We're not trying to dumb down the internet for a mobile device. What we've done is bring up mobile devices to the level of desktop computers". Which is te device mentioned in the quotes?
A: BlackBerry Playbook ( quotes by Mike Lazaridis, the CEO of RIM)
3.) "It's in keeping with our vision of a unified Google search experience to make popular, useful features part of the default experience, rather than maintain different versions of Google. As Autocomplete quality has improved, we felt it was appropriate to have it always on for all of our users." What this quotes refers to?
A: Google Instant
4.) Developed originally for the iPhone, it has since been shipped on the iPod Touch, iPad and Apple TV as well. What's It?
A: IOS ( Iphone OS)
5.) What does this map indicate?
click here for source:
Nov 4, 2010
Oct 30, 2010
Oct 6, 2010
2.) A questions : It was the description of the logo of Picasa & was asked to identify the logo which was described ( no picture was given ).
This logo was as combination of colors from lenses of different color ...( something like that)
1.)TCS recently opened an office at...? Peru
2.)TCS is to start a learning and development campus in which city of Kerala? Trivandrum
3.)Supervalu is a company from which country? US
1.) To connect facebook ( with symbol of US, pic of Mark Zuckerberg & a lady & video of Michael Jackson)
2.) Connect Airtel ( A video of Amir Khan, a motorola mobile,..)
Watch the @ Kochi Video
Oct 5, 2010
|Lucid Touch: Pseudo transparent display|
|BSD (Linux distribution)|
|Underwater optical cable network|
|George Boole ( This is truth table & belongs to Boolean Algebra)|
Click here for rest of the question
Watch the Video TCS IT WIZ 2010 Kochi Finals on Youtube
Sep 29, 2010
1.) Picture of Jon Von Neuman.
2.) Braeburn Capital, FileMaker Inc. are the subsidiaries of which company?
Ans: Apple Inc.
3.) Which organization developed the game - Moonbase Alpha?
4.) "~" . what is the symbol in quotes called?
5.) What was invented by Alan Shugart?( some description of floppy was given)
Ans: Floppy Disk
6.) What is special about the book by Douglas Hofstadter - "Fluid Concepts and Creative Analogies: Computer Models of the Fundamental Mechanisms of Thought"?
Ans: This book was the first book sold on Amazon.
7.) Who owned Pixar just before the acquisition by Walt Disney?
Ans: Steve Jobs.
8.) Who brought the marketing campaign called " The Legend of the micro Kid"?
9.) One word for Picture & element?
10.) Picture of Eric Schmidt was given & told to identify the company
11.) Tapulous was founded in February 2008 with the specific intention of developing software applications for the iOS platform. How do you know Tapulous now?
Ans: Gogo Apps
12.) On 21st May 2010, the " i am feeling Lucky" Button in google was changed to Insert a coin. Google was celebrating the 30th birthday of a game. Which was the game?
Ans: Pac Man
13.) This company's name came from a Greek mythological name. The company shortened the name to get a higher listing in the alphabetical order?
Ans: Asus ( the greek mythological name was Pegasus )
14.) Expand FLOPS?
Ans: FLtin gpoint Operations Per Second
15.) A photo graph of Andy Grove along with his book "Only the paranoid survive" was given and asked to identify the person.?
16.) Ramu Yalamanchi, an Indian entrepreneur founded a social networking web site. Which is the web site?
Ans: Hi 5
17.) How do you know " Compresser & Decompresser "?
18.) Zen is from which company?
19.) Logo of My Space was to be identified.
20.) Expand VPN?
Ans: Virtual Private Network.
Watch the TCS IT WIZ 2010 Kochi's Finals on youtube
Sep 15, 2010
1.) William Shockley along with two others invented what in 1948?
2.) Which Search Engine changed its name to TOPEKA on April1 ?
2.) What is the largest store for online movies?
4.) A question to identify the game from the screenshot?
The Game was Price of Persia
5.) Jimmy Wales is famous for what?
6.) Who wrote the book iWoz?
7.) Which company makes hardware for iphone?
8.) Which company was earlier known as CTRC?
9.) Why is Sam Hurst famous?
10.) Name a competitor of ipod? Logo with A was given.
The answer was amtek
Thanks to Jack, Bhubaneswar to share the questions with US.
Sep 7, 2010
Sep 6, 2010
3.) The original name of the project was black comb. Later become Project Vienna. How do you know it now?
Ans: Windows 7
4.) K spread, resolver, IBM Symphony are associated with what specific type of application softwares?
Ans: Spread sheet.
5.) it was invented by John Shepherd-Barron and it was put into use by Barclays Bank in Enfield Town in North London, United Kingdom. What is it?
Ans: ATM ( Automatic Teller Machine)
6.) First created at IBM, it was 8 inches. Then at Wang Laboratories it was 5.25 inches. Finally at sony it bacame 3.5 inches. What is it?
Ans: Floppy Disk
7.) It is available as an application on social networking platform essentially on the Web network - face book in mobile network- iphone. Mark Pincus calls this as next big revolution in community in this world?
Sep 5, 2010
3.) old logo of LENOVA
3.) PAPYRUS IS AN E-BOOK READER FROM?
4.) Alienware merged with?
5.) 500.org is belongs to?
6.) EXPAND AJAX?
A: Synchoronous Java script And Xml
7.) EXPAND AMD?
A: Advanced Micro Device
8.) EXPAND ASP?
A: Active Server Page
9.) To identify screen shot of TRAIN SIMULATOR.
10.) Identify the person?
11.) Identify the person
A: STEVE JOBS
12.) A question about TCS and SBI
13.) FIRST FILM TO BE PLAYED/RELESD(dont remember exactly) ON YOUTUBE?
14.) WHERE INFORMATION LIVES IS THE TAGLINE OF?
15.) BLUE RAY DISK IS A PRODUCT FROM?
Questions provided bu Tutu. Thanks to Tutu.
Sep 2, 2010
1.) Identify this logo, a social networking website?
2.) Identify the person from the picture below (hint: also known as nostradamous)?
Answer: Nicholas Negroponte
3.) To whom this doodle belongs to?
4. X is a video game series produced by Konami comprised primarily of run and gun-style shoots.This video game series debuted in 1987 as a coin-operated arcade game simply titled X,What is X?
Answer : Contra
Thanks to the one who provided this qestions
1.) logo of acer
logo of FILS
Italian national anthem
picture of N Chandra (tcs ceo)
2. david packard and hewlit at the workshop where hp started
picture of BMW SAUBER F1 team 2003
1 more clue
the song " u hi chala chala hi "
whose answer is Airtel
we are trying to compile the question. Those who need the questions urgently can use these hints
Sep 1, 2010
Aug 31, 2010
Question Provided by: Sahil Bhatnagar
TCS IT WIZ 2010 Pune Prelim
1. a skype founder( only nikolas zennstrom)
2. Seagate founder (indirect picture ques)
3. HP (picture of david pakard and hewlit together )
4. modem (discription was given , we had to identify )
5. papyrus ebook reader by which company ( picture question)
6. some famous programmer ( picture question
the person has black long hair
7. some bostok (question was what Internet giant is headed by him )
Rest of the questions will be posted soon.
Aug 28, 2010
Aug 24, 2010
1.) Identify this ethical hacker?
|Ans: Ankit Fadia|
2.) Identify this logo?
|ANS : Genius Bar ( Apple)|
|ANS : Sam Palmisano|
1.)Dell streak has which operating system in it?
Aug 22, 2010
Aug 20, 2010
Aug 19, 2010
Aug 18, 2010
1. _______ 3.0 promotion group has announced the latest version of this hardware standard so as to improve the speed of this specification. Fill in the blank
ANS : USB
2. The co founder of KaZaa finished a dual degree from Uppsala university. Name him.
ANS : Niklaus Zennstrom
3. How do we know the Shugart Company founded by Alan Shugart well?
ANS : Seagate
4. Which Japanese company name’s English translation refers to ‘leave luck to heaven’?
ANS : Nintendo
5. The exact definition of this word is “edible part of a nut”. This is the layer which connects the application software and hardware. Name this.
ANS : Kernel
6. This was earlier named Phoenix, later renamed to FireBird even then, due to trademark issues, it was renamed to something else. What?
ANS : firefox
7. This country has recently declared broadband access as one of the basic fundamental rights apart from life and liberty. Which country?
ANS : Finland
8. The creator of X was paid a mere $45 for creating this. It later became a part of daily writing.Scott Fahlman was the person who developed this later. What?
ANS : Simley / emoticon
9. iPhones and iPads cannot play flash videos. But they can play YouTube videos as they are encoded in X compression technology. Find X.
ANS : H.264
10. This website was shot to fame after it reported a newsbreak on the helicopter bombings by the U.S. at Bhagdad. After this happened in early 2010, it started receiving huge visitiors. Which website?
ANS : wikileaks
11. The latest edition is called Froyo. The future iteration of this is named as Gingerbread. What is this?
ANS : Android OS
12. This company is the first in India to provide private cloud services. It was also India’s first private ISP. Name this company.
ANS : Sify
13. This device is banned both in Korea and Israel. Recently, this ban was lifted and the seized devices were returned. The NY Yankees stadium banned the use of the device inside the stadium as it felt no one is concentrating on the games because of this. Name the device.
ANS : iPad
14. This language, when created was commonly referred to as the ‘write once, read many times’ language so as to refer its cross‐platform nature. What language?
ANS : JAVA
15. Akebono and Konishiki were two workstations at Stanford. These are named after sumowrestlers due to the huge amount of data handled by them. What portal started its life in these workstations?
ANS : Yahoo!
Aug 17, 2010
Aug 16, 2010
Aug 9, 2010
2.With which state in India did TCS start a citizen portal called ‘MahaOnline’ ?
3. TCS is officially partner till 2012 for this a leading European pro-cycling team ?
4.Expand TRDDC ?
ANS: Tata Research Development and Design Center
Bangalore questions are provided by :Sasi Dharan
Aug 7, 2010
1.) Identify this person?
ANS : N Chandrasekaran
2.) whose idea is this?
ANS: Alan Turing
3.) Name this robot?
ANS : AIBO ( Artificial Intelligence Bot)
4.) identify this logo
ANS: Second Life
5.) Identify this popular device.
ANS: Amazon Kindle
Questions are provided by Syed Murtuza Hashmi . He is the first runner up TCS IT WIZ 2010 Hyderabad.
2.) Retina Display Technology is used in which popular gadget?
ANS: iphone 4
3.) Whose tag line is " nothing like anything"
4.) "What did you want to be?" ( is the advertisment of )
5.) Which is the first browser to have speed dial and mouse gesture features?
6.) Name the India’s 20$ laptop project ?
7.) Which is the first game to be imported to US from Russia?
8.) Mobile Me is the service from ?
9.) This company is called Logicool in Japan, what is it known in India ?
10.) TelePresence is a Teleconference product from which company ?
11.) Galaxy is a brand name that belongs to?
12.) Expand HTC?
ANS: High Tech Corporation
13.) WebOS was contributed by?
14.) SixAxis is a ?
ANS: Game controller
15.) What do you call 10 to the power of Googol ?
For Hyderabad Finals Click here
1.) “DoubleClick “ is a subsidiary of a search giant which acquired it, for its ad services, in March 2008. Name its present parent company ?
2.) Which Research and development organization was started in 1984 at Pune to develop supercomputers in India?
3.) WordMole is a game application originally found on which famous communication device?
ANS: BlackBerry ( Bold)
4.) Jack Dorsey in 2006 made the first attempt to start it. Later he went on to start a project called Odeo which became a company later. And finally he together with Evan Williams started this company in October 2006. Which company/website did they start?
5.) How do we better know Satyanarayan Gangaram who started the telecom revolution in India?
ANS: Sam Pitroda
6.) Ideapad is a range of laptops from which company?
7.) Which company acquired Sybase, an RDBMS company, in May 2010 for US$ 5.8 billion to enhance its database systems?
8.) Joybook is a laptop for enjoying the latest entertainment in spectacular HD format. Which company manufactures it?
9.) if Apple : iPhone, then Google:_____
ANS: Nexus One
10.) MeeGo is a Linux based operating system for mobile phones by which company along with Intel?
11.) Classmate is a range of personal computers ,especially meant for children, from which company?
12.) Which company manufactures the Phenom microprocessor?
13.) Droid is a smartphone whose name is licensed to Verizon Wireless. Which company manufactures the Droid smart phone?
14.) Which famous company is manufacturing an ergonomic mouse called “Arc Mouse”?
Questions are provided by Syed Murtuza Hashmi.
He is the first runner up of TCS IT WIZ Hyderabad.
Aug 3, 2010
Jul 31, 2010
post the answer as comment. Answer will be published by TECH4YOU after 1 week.
answer added @ 7-8-2010
Jul 25, 2010
→ Mobile Me
2) Which term was coined by Ralph Vaerst & first used by Dan Hoefler?
→ Silicon Valley
3) Name the popular website owned by Obvious Corp?
4) ' Kindle' is an E-book reader launched by ______ ?
5) Name the general purpose, very high level programming language by Guido Von Russom ?
6) The launch of which product led Cisco to file a trade mark infringment case against Apple ?
7) The interface of which software bears a similarity to a programme described in Neal Stephenson's Sci-fi work “ Snow Crash”?
→ Google Earth
8) What was described in the patent application as “ the X-Y position indicator for a display System”
→ computer mouse
9) How do you know Advanced Mobility In Innovative Mobility ?
10) ZOHO, the well known web office suite is a product of which indian company ?
Jul 17, 2010
the TCS IT WIZ 2010 Session Starts on 29 July @ Hyberabad
Details Year 2010
Hyderabad - July 29, Thursday
Bangalore - August 5, Thursday
Ahmadabad - August 12, Thursday
Chennai - August 18, Wednesday
Coimbatore - August 25, Wednesday
Pune - August 31, Tuesday
Kolkata - September 3, Friday
Bhubaneswar - September 6, monday
Kochi - September 29, Wednesday
Lucknow - November 16, Sunday
Delhi - November 27, Saturday
Mumbai - November 28, Sunday
Go tcsitwiz for more info.
Have a lot of questions from this blog & from here
Best of Luck!!
Jul 5, 2010
2) ibooks are note books from which company?
3) NCS, FIG & Trade X are the financial products from which company?
4) Which global IT major now owns iflex ?
5) Expand SPOT ?
→ Smart Object Personal Technology
6) Howmany Terabyte is a Petabyte?
7) Computer, Communication & compatibility are the 3 c's in whichh company?
8) Which gaming company was orignally called Amazin' Software ?
→ Electronic Arts ( EA)
9) Connect is the online Music store set up by which company?
10) Which online major was created ny Jeff Bezos?
Apr 14, 2010
Apr 5, 2010
Mar 6, 2010
→ AVG Technologies
2) Microsoft : Xbox 360, Sony : PlayStation 3, Nintendo:_______ ?
3) Xbox 360, Playstation 3 & wii belongs to which generation ?
→ seventh generation ( 7th generation)
4) Whose tag line is “ideas for life” ?
5) Which is the search engine system for the Gopher Protocol, developed in 1992 by Steven Foster
and Fred Barrie at the university of Nevada, Reno ?
6) Assassin's Creed Series & Far Cry Series are from _____?
7) What is the unit of mouse movement ?
8) Which programming language is known for it's turtle graphics ?
9) He created the B Programming language. He is a distinguished engineer of Google. Who is he?
→ Ken Thompson
10) Whose motto is “ The supercomputing people ” ?
Feb 26, 2010
2) This company began it foray into laptops with the purchase of Texas Instrument's Mobile PC
division in 1997. Which is the company?
3) TIFR is a premier institution in India for higher education and research . It is located at
Mumbai. Expand TIFR
→ Tata Institute of Fundamental Research
4) “ The best way to predict future is to discover it “ . These are the words of a famous
computerist. Who is he ?
→ Alan Kay
5) This supercomputer was the first one which rated above 1 TeraFLOPS. Which the
→ ASCI Red
6) This company was named by the fondness of it's founders for the hit television series The XFiles.
Nelson Gonzalez is its co-founder. Which is the company ?
7) There have been two explanations of it's project name. One is that it was named in respect for
one of the native American Tribe. This is greatly related & being used in the web. What is it ?
8) IMT-2000 is a family which contain standards such as 3G,GSM EDGE etc.. What is it's full
→ International Mobile Telecommunication-2000
9) The first pre-commercial 3G network was launched by NTT DoCoMo in Japan. What was its
brand name ?
10) Apple Inc was established in April 1, 1976 by Steve Jobs, Steve Wozniak and X. X sold his
shares on company to Steve Jobs & Steve Wozniak. Who is described here as X ?
→ Ronald Wayne.
Feb 5, 2010
2) Which game console uses the Cell Broadband Engine ( CPU) ?
→ PlayStation 3
3) Atom is the brand name of which company ?
4) It was developed from telegraphic codes. Its first commercial use was as a sevenbit
code promoted by Bell Data Services. Its development formally begun in 1960. What is
5) Who designed the Dyna book ?
→ Alan Kay
6) What is the sms of internet ?
7) Which was the first spread sheet program available for personal computers ?
8) This famous video sharing site was developed by three former paypal employees. Which is it ?
9) This company's logo has three rings in it. It's Nasdaq code is COMS. Identify the company ?
10) Whose tag line is “ leap ahead” ?
Jan 24, 2010
1)Who is the chairman of Mahindra Satyam ?
→ Vineet Nayyar
2) This is a company fully owned by Tata Group. It is located in
research and development in the filed of high performance computing. Which is it?
→ CRL ( Computational Research Laboratories.
3) You know Googleplex is the head quarters of Google. How do you know googolplex in
→ (10^10)^100. That is 10 raised to 10 raised to 100. Or 10 raised to googol.ie 10 ^googol
4) What is the dimension of a SD card ?
→ 32 mm x 24 mm x 2.1 mm (length x Breadth x Height )
5) What is the dimension of
→ 15 mm x 11 mm
6) Which is the High Speed Wireless internet service from MTS ?
→ M Blaze
7) Which year is known as the Alan Turing Year ?
8) Smarter planet is the project of which company ?
9) This company started on 1938 in
→ Xbox 360 ( by Microsoft)
Jan 17, 2010
2) A company brought islate.com. Which is the company ?
3) It is the first and largest body of computer professionals in India. It was started on 6 March
1965.Which is it ?
→ CSI ( Computer Society of India )
4) Which company brought the “classmate PC”, a low cost netbook ?
5) “Nexus One” is the smart phone from Google. But it is manufactured by another company.
Which is that company ?
6) What is CDMA stands for ?
→ Code Division Multiple Access
7) Who written the book - “ The Art of Computer Programming” ?
→ Donald Knuth
8) where did laser printer was developed ?
→ In Xerox
9) For gamers. What is NFS stands for ?
→ Need For Speed
10) What is DIVX stands for ?
→ Digital Video Express
Jan 15, 2010
The other questions asked were in the connect round :
1) AMD ( hints giver : Cool n Quiet, Better by Design & some picture)
2) IBM (hints :Kitty hawck IBM's super computer & other some details)
3) CD (hints : An audio was played, picture of James Russel & some other details)
4) Linux ( hints: someone's picture was given)
5) Oracle (hints : Unbreakale & some other details )
6) Motorola ( hints : picture of Sanjah Jha , and picture of a mobile similar to motorola's mobile etc)
In the swords round( buzzer round) :
1) Texas Instrument (clue given: a image of flag of Texas & picture of some instruments - so we get Texas Instrument)
2) Quick Heal (clue : a word starts with quick was given and picture of Heal . so we get quick heal)
3) John Chambers (a hint for john & a picture of chamber was given)
4) Jack willripper ( sorry i don't is this name correct as the & i didn't under stood it)
In scrach Pad @ TCS :
1) TCS took the state WAN (wide area Network) of :
> Andra Pradesh
2) The IPL team related to TCS ?
> Rajastan Royals
3) New delivey Center in North America ( not sure Noth , south or latin )?
> Mexico ( the answer told there was it)
4) This question I could not remember. but some hints i noted : TCS, SAP, Medical Field
Jan 14, 2010
→ Kerala Government
2) Name the venue of “Conference on Free softeare” held on 2008 November 15, 16 ?
→ Cochin ( Cusat Campus )
3) Whose web browser id chrome /
4) which is not a web browser ?
i) Apple Safari ii) Fire Fox
iii) Luna scape iv) Adobe Reader
→iv) Adobe reader
5) This was started by the effort of J.N.Tata ( Jamsetji Nusserwanji Tata ) on may 27, 1909. This is
the place where simputer was developed.
→ Indian Institute of Science, Banglore
6) He was the member of director board of reconstructed Satyam. He was also the chairman of
NASSCOM. Who is he ?
→ Kiran Karnic
7) Who got the “The World is Open” award (2008)?
8) What are Meera, Rachana, Angaly old etc ?
→ Malayalam Fonts (Unicode)
9) Write the three boolean operators used in searching the web ?
→ And, Or & Not
10) Puma is the code name of what ?
→ Mac OS (Mac OS X 10.1) or Macintosh
11) What was the invention of team lead by Alan Shugart ?
→ Floppy Disk
12) It is a project by kerala Revenue Department. It is used for submitting tax returns online. Name
13) Expand VICTERS
→ VIrtual Classroom Technology on Edusat for Rural Schools.
14) What is the full form of L.G ?
→ Lucky Goldstar
15) Who developed famous free media player Winamp
16) Select the pair of graphic/image file extensions ?
i) .exe/.jpg ii) .doc/.png
iii) .bmp/.exe iv) .png/.jpg
→ iv) .png/.jpg
17) Whose is kerala's IT minister ( 2009 )
→ Sri. Achuthananthan
18) What is a nibble ?
→ four bits
19) Which city is called Cybrabad ?
rooted in India by acquiring which Indian Ecommerce
21) The year in which CDIT
was started ?
22) Thomas Fredman's, th columnist of Newyork Tims, wrote his best seller book “The World is
Fas “ inspired by conversation with an Indian entrepreneur. Who is that entrepreneur ?
→ Nandan Nilekani
23) Who developed the Linux Kernel ?
→ Linus Torwalds
24) Tharang, Bfone, Callnow are the brand names of which Indian Public Sector ?
25) This software rewarded the Guinness world record for most downloaded software on a single
day. Which is the software ?
→ Mozilla Firefox 3.0
→ Only one percent of people contribute any content of the total people using internet
That is if you take a 100 people over the Internet, only one will create a content 9 will comment on it and the other 90 just view it.
2)Freax was the name decided to it.
Ie Freek + free + X . But this name was dismissed and renamed. What is the new name ?
3)In hand held devices( mobile ), the key with number 5 is dented . Why ?
→ To make the device( mobile ) blind friendly
4)It was an academic project. It was intended to consist of a client and server to stream videos across a campus network?
5)An Indian company decided to market blue-ray disks in association with Sony Inc. Which is the company ?
6)what is Nomophobia ?
→ It is the fear of being out of mobile contact( ie when you lose mobile phones, runs out of battery or credit or have no network coverage )
→ Armored Combat Engineer Robot
2) BOSS is a( free software) Operating System developed in India. What is the full form of BOSS
→ Bharath Operating System Solutions
3) Who launched the Ebook
reader named “KINDLE” ?
4) How do you know Common Object Request Broker Architecture ?
5) How do you know this company '
6) How do you know Local Integrated Software Architecture ?
→ LISA ( Apple )
7) What is the service started by Apple Inc for all its iphoe, ipod touch, Mac & PC to keep sync ?
→ Mobile Me
8) This term was first coined by Ralph Vaerst. Its first published use is credited to Don Hoefler.
Which is th term ?
→ Silicon Valley ?
9) Whose laptop ranges are Aspire & Extensa ?
10) This was Asia's fastest Supercomputer when it was developed. It was developed by CRL with
the technnical assistance from HP. Which is the Supercomputer desccribed here ?
Jan 7, 2010
the term ?
2)This is a free email service. Its name is somehow derived from the word 'HTML'. Its now under
Microsoft. Name it ?
3) A mobile phone is blind friendly. How can you justify that ?
→ The key with the number 5 is dented.
4) How do you now Asynchronous Java Script and XML ?
5) What is LTE in mobile technology ?
→ Long Term Evolution
6) photon+ and netconnect broadband+ give 3.1mbps of wireless Internet which technology is
→ EVDO ( EVolution Data Optimised )
7) This company provide sms channel service in India. Name the company ?
→ Google ( labs)
8) whose tag line is “ Do no evil “ ?
9) Booklet 3G is a netbook from which company ?
10) what is Salinger syndrome. It s related to computer ?
→ It is slang for the tendency to believe that every thing you read on the internet.
Jan 6, 2010
2) Which is the first E-port in India ?
3) We know that LED TV are available in markets today. What is the full form of LED ?
→ Light Emitting Diode
4) Saif Ali Ghan is the brand ambassador of which computer company ?
5) Which company's product is Athlon processor ?
6) Whose tag line is “Do The New “ ?
→ TATA DoCoMo
7) What is the full form of PERL ?
→ Practical Extraction and Reporting Language
8) Bing is the search engine of which company ?
9) E.go range of pcs are from which company ?
10) .LK is the top level domain of which company ?
→ Sri lanka
11)What is the full form VAN. Is it Value Added Network or Virtual Access Network ?
→ Value Added Network
12)X- is a Human Interface Manager.( And he talked something about the naming of it ).
13) In a binary tree, what is called the two nodes with same parent node?
14)Masaru Ibuka & Akio Morita belongs to which company?
15)Mark Zukerburg founded what ?
→ Face book
16)He showed picture of N. Chandrasekaran
17) He showed the logo of Silver Light
18) He showed the logo of NCR
19)He showed the screen shot of Transformers
20) He showed the picture of Twitter founders(group photo of Jack Dorsey, Evan William &Biz
→ Richard Mathew Stallman.
2) Its codename was 'Project PX' when it was developed.Its was development started in 1943 and
finished on 1946 . What is this ?
3) Bit torrent clients are known as ?
4) Expand DASP, which belongs to Acer ?
→ Disk Anti Shock Protection
5) He was famous as a guitarist and developed Dyna book. He had worked in Xerox. Who is he ?
→ Alan kay
6) chatting is very common now. What is the full form of CHAT ?
→ Conversational Hypertext Access Technolgy
7) What is TFT stands for ?
→ Thin Film Transistor
8) In mobile Technology. What is IMEI ?
→ International Mobile Equipment Identity
9) What is MNP in mobile technology ?
→ Mobile Number Portability
10) We know 8 bits form a byte. Byte stands for what ?
→ Binary Element String
Jan 3, 2010
→ Jimmy Wales (Founder of wikipedia).
2) He was in Xerox when he invented Laser Printer. Who is he ?
→ Gary Starkweather
3) He called Internet as 'Information Super Highway'. He was vice president of America. He also
received Nobel Prize for peace. Who is described here ?
→ Al Gore.
4) He born in England. He is regarded as the father of computer science. Who is he ?
→ Alan Turing.
5) Expand SVTC. It is related to Electronic waste ?
→ Silicon Valley Toxic Coalition.
6) This company brought the first wireless hard disk. Name the company?
7) This comapy is known for bringing first USB 3.0 thumb drive. Which is the company ?
→ Super talent.
8) T9 in mobile devices helps to increase the typing speed. What is T9 ?
→ Text in 9 keys.
9) CMM is a service mark owned by Carnegie Mellon University. What is CMM ?
→ Capability Maturity Model.
10) What is gTLD in relation with domain names ?
→ Generic Top Level Domain.